Water wave lace wigs provide a more defined wavy hair. Some like this wave pattern as it gives a boost to the less defined wave pattern of the body wave.
This texture is the second of the three wavy textures with deep wave being the strongest wave pattern. As the wave pattern is stronger, the grooves can be seen from a distance.
So whatever the cause for buying a wig, read on to get the low down on water wave full lace wigs and lace front wigs – terms which you’ll note by now, are pretty interchangeable. Our Store has plenty of options for you.
The water wave texture is another great look that can be worn by absolutely everyone.
We think you know the drill by now, but if you don’t, read on! You can find a variety of lengths for water wave full lace wigs.
Your Remy lace wigs will cost you more beyond 18 inches due to the smaller supply of donors that have that length of hair.
Lengths for water wave full lace wigs are typically 10 – 24 inches but you will find places that offer 8 – 36 inches such as yours truly here at Peruke – Hooray!
It’s important to remember to decide whether you only want 100% Remy hair for your wigs for human hair wigs or whether non-remy lace wigs are also an option.
Keep in mind that if you want your wig styled and cut in a way that involves taking length off the bottom you may want to purchase a slightly longer wig…
Brazilian, Indian, Malaysian and Chinese Remy hair naturally comes in black to dark brown but can be dyed into other colours.
You can find colours as light as blonde for water wave wigs. If you’re darker in complexion you may want to look at our
hair colour guide for those with darker skin tones by clicking here or the guide for all hair colours and all skin tones.
It’s worth noting that the lighter colours can be expensive because of the permanent dyeing process.
Some folks have asked about the water wave texture changing after washing and a subtle change is fine but it should clearly still be very much wavy.
As part of our free resources, Peruke has a Caring for Wigs Guide, but you can get started with these top five tips.
1. Try to wash your water wave lace wig on a mannequin head (a polystyrene/Styrofoam head is fine) to give you total control over the process.
2. Use a shampoo for dry/damaged or chemically treated hair
3. Never hot blow dry your water wave wig with a hooded dryer or hand held dryer! This damages the hair, shrinks the lace and will leave you more than upset!
As a general rule, don’t use straighteners as the wave pattern is set and may not return in its uniform state.
If you feel compelled to, use a low setting and don’t do it often.
4. Use an anti frizz serum when wet as well as a deep conditioner like Silicon Mix or something by Motions to reduce frizz on on your water wave full lace wig.
Steer clear of anything with mineral oils as this ruins the hair. Moisturize with a water based moisturiser or an oil free spray.
5. Use a paddle brush for your water wave lace front wig and only brush your wig when wet but don’t over comb it as that can cause shedding of your wonderful water wave full lace wig!
There’s your hard and fast guide to wonderful water wave lace front wigs. Bon appetite!
Stay tuned and keep up to date with the next guide about hair weave, hair extensions, wigs and hair pieces by joining our blog.
Jump to Lace Wig Textures Page
Jump From Water Wave Lace Front Wigs to Home Page