Lace front wigs are available in a variety of textures and here's the low down on the kinky curly texture also known as the loose Afro curl texture.
The kinky curl is a great option for those who want a hair texture in the Afro spectrum.
Those of you in the know won't be surprised to hear that not all afro hair is identical - unlike straight hair, Afro hair has smaller and larger curl patterns and you'll also be glad to know that
our store has plenty of options for you.
Although based on the Afro hair texture, anyone can wear kinky curly lace wigs - huzzah!
It’s as easy as that. You’ll find that some sites list loose Afro curly lace wigs as African American lace wigs or Afro lace wigs, but the fact is, it's not just those with Afro hair who have very curly hair textures.
The main thing to do is to look closely at the image in the listing to determine whether the curl pattern is right for you.
On this site, all the images found in the listings are of the exact wig, hairpiece or hair extensions you'll receive through your door and we try to cover all the details.
Focus on the quality of the curl and you won't be disappointed.
Kinky curly lace wigs are available in all the standard lengths - so no surprises there - typically 10 – 24 inches, but also up to 36 inches.
Longer lengths can seem appealing but keep in mind that the longer hair requires a bit more time to manage and care for and a loose Afro curl lace wig at 36 inches will require extra attention... Your extra attention.
100% Remy loose Afro curl lace wigs will cost more if the length is beyond 18 inches but that's a standard feature for all hair textures.
Kinky curly lace wigs are available in both Remy and non-Remy versions and there's a certain company that now offers non-tangling-non-Remy hair (that's a tongue twister!)... whilst we haven't tested the product to know whether this is accurate, what we do know is that all hair tangles - even straight textures... why do you think the Tangle Teezer was invented? It wasn't for Afro curly hair(!)
The most prevalent colours are darker from black to medium browns (colour #8) and some outlets offer lighter colours as part of their ready-to-wear stock lace wigs, however be prepared to order a custom-made platinum blonde kinky curly lace wig or ombre kinky curly lace wig.
Usually the lace wigs can be dyed however always read the small print as some lace wigs won't necessarily take colour (particularly when the cuticles have been removed).
It’s also worth noting that the lighter colours can often come with higher prices than their darker coloured counterparts as will ombre lace front wigs.
Kinky curly lace wigs are also available as ombre colour schemes and darker base colours with highlights; so you see, you really do have all the choice you could possibly want - yay!
You can peruse the Peruke’s Caring For Wigs Guide and have a look at these top five tips to get you started.
1. Always wash your kinky curly lace wig using the upright washing method. This reduces the likelihood of tangling and so preserves the lifespan of your kinky curly lace wig.
2. Use a shampoo for dry or damaged hair or one formulated for chemically treated hair (using a shampoo that's suited for coloured hair is also a good idea if you can't find one for chemically processed hair)
3. Never brush your kinky curly lace wig hair when it’s dry, as this causes frizz - however if you want that look, then brush away. Use a wide tooth comb to detangle and style hair. Try not to over-comb the hair - twice a day should be fine – too much combing causes shedding and frizzing of your curly wig.
4. Avoid products with mineral oils on your kinky curly wig, use plant based hair oils that will keep the hair soft and supple. A water based moisturizer should be used daily or at least every other day. If you're into DIY, why not make up your own by mixing one part glycerine (an ingredient that draws water into your hair to keep the moisture balance) and nine parts water.
5. Avoid straightening kinky curly lace wigs, but if you really insist on doing it then once or twice per month should be the max as excessive heat styling can distort and damage the kinky curly texture of the hair. If you want to use a blow dryer, use the lowest setting.
There you have your five top tips to keep your kinky curly lace wig in tip top shape. It couldn’t be simpler!